Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Vegas Baby..... and, "Can Cody really be that old"?

I can still remember 19 years ago when our precious 1st grandchild, nephew, cousin Cody was born. He had a HUGE head, was all wrinkled up and looked like he'd gone 10 rounds in a boxing ring. I can't describe how much I loved him then, and how much I love him today. He has been nothing but a joy and the most wonderful example to our entire family. He is so kind to all his cousins, respectful of his elders and makes great choices! We love our Cody so much and seriously cannot believe he is 19 and being ordained an Elder. There is no way we would miss such an important day in Cody's life, so our family and Mitch's family took a quick weekend trip to Vegas to be part of his ordination. It was a wonderful day, the spirit was strong and we were so thankful to be there. This is Cody and Melissa, his cute girlfriend.

Mike and Julie have done an amazing job raising Cody. They should be very proud of the man he has become!


80 degree weather, swimming pool, family, fun and.... CLAY!!!!!

The girls hanging out in the backyard. Lovely, gorgeous, warm weather. Ah... refreshing. Just what the dr. ordered.


The pool was what I would call, "freezing". But the kids just didn't seem to care. They played and played and had a great time.

Mike spent a good hour blowing up this toy. Pretty sure he needs an air compressor.

Clay.... that says it all.


Cutest cousins ever hanging out in the hottub. Shellie, Karlee and Morgan.

It was a quick trip, but it was so fun. Mike cooked a meat potpourri on the BBQ and Julie didn't disappoint with her salads and, "pretzel surprise". Later on Melissa showed up with the most beautiful, delicious, decadent, FATTENING dessert I have ever layed eyes on. A wonderful HOMEMADE red velvet cheesecake. (I can't believe I didn't take a picture). Anyway, I knew I liked her, but when she came around with that, it sealed the deal! She's a keeper!
The weekend ended with a quick skype with Granny and Pa, who were sad they couldn't be with us. We missed them, but knew their thoughts were with us. I have an amazing family and just couldn't love them more. We are so lucky to always have a great time together.








1 comment:

Gene and Marcia said...

We do remember Cody as a baby and as a little boy. We were so thankful that you and Mitch went to Las Vegas. It made us feel so much better. And the family always has fun times. We look forward to being part of those again. We hope to see Cody soon in Russia!!!