Saturday, December 04, 2010

The Feast.... I now have a greater appreciation for my mother and all the hard work she has put into making Thanksgiving dinner for us all these years. Marcy and I were responsible for this dinner all on our own. We had alot of good laughs, trying our best to make it as, "authentic" as possible. Marcy was in charge of homemade rolls and Mat's, "sour cream/raisin surprise pie", which I might add turned out pretty good. Together we made the rest of the meal, which turned out fairly well....
Marcy and I realized we had no idea how to make sweet potatoes or yams, or whatever they are. Mat and I both love them, so we decided we'd better figure it out. Thank goodness for Skype! We were able to contact Dad to ask how he made them. We also found a cookbook with a recipe. So, between the two, this is the concoction we ended up with. It was more of a, "marshmellow heaven", than a sweet potato mix, but Mat and I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Oh, we're just so cute. Look at that feast... hours to prepare, 10 min. to eat.
Ok, I know this has nothing to do with the feast, but I had to post the picture. This is the Friday after Thanksgiving. Courtnee and Karlee had such a great time playing together. Love those girls.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: