Saturday, December 04, 2010

Deck the Halls and Trim the Tree!
This year we put our Christmas tree up the week after Thanksgiving. The kids were really excited and Gracie kept saying, "Let's trim the tree", which I thought was unusual because we don't normally use that expression. It was a freezing cold night, there was snow outside and it turned out to be the perfect night for decorating. We laughed because most women seem to be a little compulsive about how their Christmas tree looks, and spend hours working to make it perfect. Pretty sure our Christmas decorating time was about 15-20 minutes, which was just fine for us.

This year we have an artificial tree. I am personally a fan of real trees, and mostly prefer the, "Charlie Brown" tree, or the one that no one else loves. But, we opted out of that this year, and chose to take the easier route with a pre-lit artificial tree. It's cute and I'm happy with it.

After the tree was finished, Dane sat down and played some Christmas carols for us. Gracie has also learned a few carols and Clay is confident he'll know how to play Jingle Bells by the time Christmas rolls around. We're so thankful for our piano and I love hearing the family play it. It was a good beginning to our Holiday Season.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bell Family said...

I LOVE your tree. So cute. I can't believe you have an artifical tree. Way to go!! Now all you need the the pine scented Scentsy so it smells like a real tree is in your house :)